- Over 15 years of experience
- Attractive prices
- Beautiful place in the middle of nature
- Sustainable stay
- Good facilities (swimming pond, sauna, water from a natural spring)
Volunteer at Sadhaka
Combine personal growth and volunteering in the sunny heart of France.
7 weeks in peak season, Sadhaka has room for 6 volunteers each week, for a free working holiday. The rest of the year we create several weeks for volunteer teams to help with maintenance of the property and various ecological projects at Le Moulin. In exchange we offer tantra workshops.
Wow, what a happy week!!! So beautiful, so intense, so connected. And then there’s only one thing left: thank you too!
What do we offer?
Your stay is completely free. This means that meals are free and that you stay at the campsite in your own tent or caravan. You do volunteer work 5 hours a day. There is a daily possibility to participate in a 2 1/2 hour morning or afternoon workshop in the art studio, yoga, tantra classes and other courses. You can also participate in the sun salutation before breakfast (depending on your shift) and all evening activities.
It is also possible to rent a furnished Sadhaka tent or caravan (€ 175). Unfortunately, we cannot offer a travel allowance, but we can mediate in the search for a lift.
Are you interested? Email us and include your (preferably fixed) phone number and Skype name and send a recent c.v. with photo. Or sign up immediately. Then we will contact you as well as we will make a Skype appointment for an intake call.
The volunteers are healthy, enthusiastic and independent people aged 23 to 60 who find it a challenge to receive groups of people in a hospitable way. As part of the team, the volunteers are responsible for a pleasant stay of the guests. 7 days a week you assist in taking care of the meals for the course groups and ensure that the place remains neat and clean. In addition, there is the possibility to join art classes in the studio and to participate in Tantra and yoga courses. The holiday atmosphere, nature, the swimming pond and the beautiful venue of Le Moulin make a working holiday at Sadhaka both inspiring and nourishing.
During the summer a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 3 weeks * in the period from Thursday 2nd of July to Tuesday 1st of September 2020.
* If you follow a course prior to your volunteering period, or if you have already done volunteering work at Sadhaka before, it is also possible to only volunteer for 1 week.
You work for seven consecutive days. 6 days 5 hours a day at option 1 and 2 1/2 hours at option 2. The 7th day is the changeover day where the team is in charge all day to prepare the location for the new course group, to accommodate the new students and to attend the joint introduction and introduction.
The working hours and division of work are in consultation with the team and everyone’s wishes are taken into account as much as possible.
What will you be doing?
You work 7 days consecutively. 6 days 5 hours a day. The 7th day is the changeover day where the team is busy all day to prepare the location for the new course group, and you attend the joint introduction.
You work independently on 1 of the following tasks:
– Preparing, maintaining and clearing the breakfast, preparing lunch **.
– The preparation, maintenance and clearing of lunch **.
– Assist the cook with dinner, kitchen service.
– Handyman, gardening
** supplemented with household tasks
The different shifts and the division of tasks are in consultation with the team, whereby each other’s wishes and preferences are taken into account as much as possible. The tasks are redistributed every week, taking into account everybody’s qualities. We ask a little flexibility, personal responsibility and self-motivation.
Working as a volunteer is not without obligations. You are in good mental and physical condition and have no health problems that hinder the performance of the work for Sadhaka. You sign a voluntary agreement and you pay a deposit of 100 euros which you will receive back from us after the agreed working period.
Sadhaka is not liable for the consequences of any illness or accidents that have occurred on the spot during the stay. You have health and risk insurance or take out this insurance for that purpose. Travel insurance may be used for this purpose.
What other volunteers think of their stay at Sadhaka
Its hard putting into words just how valuable and profound my two weeks with Wim and Chandra were. It was life changing and dare I say one of the greatest experiences of my life. I learnt many lessons from Wim and Chandra and I’m very grateful to both of them for everything they taught me especially for introducing me to tantra. I never thought i’d feel so close to so many other people, they have all showered me with so much love. thank you guys! Omar, april 2019
My two weeks here were some of the best of my life 🙂 that’s the best way to sum up my time there. The house and space around it is a haven, it’s almost like a micro-country, hidden away from the rest of the world and of “normal life”.
I can’t speak highly enough of the incredible environment that Chandra and Wim offer here – I met people that I got to know better in two weeks than I would have done in two years back at home. I had SO much fun, experienced so much love and non-judgement and feel so lucky to have contributed to the re-creation of a space where others will be able to continue their own journeys. I’m so grateful for the time I spent here and I hope to go back in the future.
If this website has caught your eye and you feel in any way drawn to this place and what Chandra and Wim are offering, stop thinking and just GO! You will not regret it 🙂 Chloe, april 2019
I really enjoyed taking an alternative vacation and making a commitment to the whole. It is well organized at Le Moulin, it runs smoothly and every volunteer has his / her own duties. Chandra and Wim have been giving these courses for more than 10 years and that is reflected in everything. The combination of course and work (5 hours a day) is great. A nice place, nice atmosphere and nice people. I will definitely come back again.
Roelinde, summers 2016, 2017, 2018
Photos of our location in France
Do’s & Don’ts
Here are some things to leave at home or to think about in respect to others:
– There are guitars and djembees, but if you have (other) instruments you play, please if you can bring it with you for jamming around the fire and mantra chantings ;-).
– Bring comfortable clothes for yoga and tantra practice, warm clothes because the nights are cold, warm socks or indoor slippers make it comfy, shower slippers, own towels, organic shampoos. Bedding is provided.
– We like exchange! So feel inspired to bring in all your skills, knowledge and experiences, that helps the community to grow in consciousness. The program will be full of joy and play that can only be explained by experience.
– There is (slow) WIFI and no signal at the domain, you will find the best connection in the community with the people around you 😉
– We are a place for personal growth. Therefore we don’t want alcohol or drugs on our terrain/in your body. We aim for a natural high <3
– You need to be in good physical health. You are not or have not been recently under psychological treatment, or on psychiatric medications.
Please find another place if you cannot find yourself in this choice. Please come if you are looking for a clean and healthy place to be.
– No pets aloud on the premises. Our 3 cats, 15 chickens and 7 doves love the peace of their own territory.
Connection is key and possible in the following ways:
With any questions that could not be answered by the website, or to apply to take part of the volunteer team in July an August please don’t hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com
Please like our Facebook page to connect with our tribe and share your love before the community life at: https://web.facebook.com/Sadhakafrankrijk/